Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Karibu, Where is Ubunifu in Machakos?
Located at the Katheka Kai suburb of Machakos in Kenya, Ubunifu Machakos is the one and only creative hub South of Nairobi, North of Kilimanjaro. Ubunifu is located at the intersection of Katehya Katheka Kai Junction, and the nearest landmark is Cai Resort.
What is Ubunifu Hub Machakos?
We are a one-stop-shop for art, creativity, hospitality, entertainment and all round adventure. Ubunifu Machakos is suitably situated to serve the lower eastern province of Kenya to serve Machakos, Kitui, Kajiado and Makueni counties.
What will you find at Ubunifu Machakos?
At Ubunifu, you will find a collective of creative professionals, enthusiasts and consumers nurturing a vibrant cultural and creative ecosystem where innovation, creative exploration/expression and collaboration yield products of global appeal.
What exactly goes on at Ubunifu Hub Machakos?
We are a market place for creativity. Here, people connect to produce and experience creativity and innovation, buy and sell products, get inspired, learn, activate creative cubicles, imagine new realities, create amazing works and innovate solutions. Ultimately we create a new world through exchanging of tangible and intangible creative value.
How do we do it?
We advance opportunities for job creation through methodologies such as entrepreneurship, quality improvement, incubation, acceleration, mentorship, production, networking, value chain development, research and policy engagement.
What services do we offer?
- The Machakos Ubunifu Inn provides unparalleled Hospitality – food, beverage and accommodation services to guests who choose to dine in with us, take away, delivery and outside catering. Beyond continental cuisines, Eiyoos Kitchen specializes in local organic foods, drinks and the advancement of healthier lifestyles.
- Our Ujuzi Creative LAB seeks to Engage, Educate and Enable creatives to experiment, collaborate, learn, co-create and innovate products of global appeal for budding creative entrepreneurs. Here, creatives access master classes, residential as well as virtual incubation and acceleration services to kick-start their start-ups and enhance opportunities for market access.
- Ukwasi Consulting WiNG brings together a think tank of development and business specialists who amalgamate diverse expertise to solve common problems in unique ways. Here you find valuable information, knowledge, net-worth and hot deals – from property to software solutions to gadgets that will shape the future.
- The Ndani Kabisa Media AGENCY specializes in the conceptualization, development, production and delivery of audiovisual concepts and content that enables brand positioning and demand creation for internal as well as external clients.
- Barizi Lounge is just that – a co-working lounge that is open to those “laptop guys” who would like to access a short term working space, whether residents or just passing by Machakos. We bring you wifi, a meeting room, food and beverage, apart from your laptop, what else do you need?
What makes us unique?
We are a social enterprise with the sole goal of advancing employment opportunities for the disenfranchised youth, creatives and persons who find in hospitality and creativity, a way of living and self actualization. We seek to become and remain sustainable by diversifying our revenue streams, while constantly reducing harm to the environment and creating a more sustainable ecosystem for all.
How do we operate?
We work through partnerships with like-minded enterprises – be they government, corporates, development institutions and individuals, to reduce redundancy and duplication of effort, maximize the utilization of available resources, while creating opportunities for all.